Emergent Tree Education, Inc. is proud to offer the Treehouse Tools Universal Behavior Screener, a web-based tool that allows teachers to accurately screen students for levels of at-risk behavior. The screener is efficient and easy to use. Unlike currently available mental health screeners which can be expensive, time consuming and lack alignment to campus systems, the Treehouse Tools Universal Behavior Screener employs a contextual fit within the framework of Tier 1 school-wide behavior systems and screens students according to their adherence with campus expectations of safe, respectful, and responsible behaviors. In a preventive and proactive manner, the screener identifies students for consideration in Tier 2 and Tier 3 intervention support.
BENEFITS OF THE UNIVERSAL BEHAVIOR SCREENER
- Efficient Use of Staff Time: Screen students quickly, taking less than 20 minutes per class of 25 students, increasing buy-in and participation from staff.
- Identification of Students by Behavior Expectations: Accurately flag students for behavioral risk factors according to their demonstration of specific behavior expectations.
- Proactive Screening: Prevent delayed support associated with wait-to-fail identification such as multiple office referrals and teacher report after reaching frustration.
- Easy Data Analysis: Sort data in a variety of ways such as skill/area of need, teacher or grade levels in need of supports, classroom distribution, campus distribution, student sub-groups, and more.
- Alignment to Tiered Behavior Systems: Determine intervention needs and plans for identified students or areas of improvement for campus systems. The Universal Behavior Screener aligns to ETE frameworks for Tier 1 (Ground Work), Tier 2 (Bridges) and Tier 3 (Solid Roots) behavior supports.